Doug Traubel for Ada County Sheriff
My name is Doug Traubel, and I am your conservative, constitutional candidate for Ada County Sheriff. I have the BROAD and PROVEN experience to lead the Ada County Sheriff’s Office into the future.
Ada County must lead the way in providing a safe community where we uphold Idaho’s conservative values. We have all witnessed what poor leadership has allowed in Portland and Seattle.
I welcome your questions and comments. Feel free to contact me at Dougforsheriff@proton.me.
Doug Traubel is a thirty-two-year veteran peace officer. In 1984 Doug’s career began in Chula Vista, California, seven miles from the U.S. − Mexico border. His assignments included patrol officer, field training officer, SWAT team, and Street Team (a proactive patrol unit that targeted gangs and series related crimes i.e. robbery and other special enforcement projects).
Doug graduated from The San Diego County Sheriff’s Academy in 1986. On the first day of instruction he attended a lecture from Sheriff John Duffy on the history, role and unique authority held by the Constitutional Office of Sheriff. It was then that he developed a reverence for the Office and an understanding of the necessary and substantive differences between Sheriffs, Chiefs of Police and Federal “law enforcement.”
✓ Pro-Second Amendment
✓ Proven Conservative
I view the Office of Sheriff through the C.O.P. lens.
Citizen-involved: I will create a multi-purpose(volunteer)Sheriff Posse and expand the (volunteer) Reserve Deputy Program. Both will serve as field service multipliers with little cost to the taxpayer and be integral components in the daily operation of the Ada County Sheriff’s Office. Learn more below.
Oath-centered: The Idaho State Constitution & Constitution for the united States will be taught to deputies. They will know what the oath means, why they take it and what it looks like “in action.” The tyranny of COVID will NOT be suffered again. The Bill of Rights are the UNTOUCHABLES! **The oath of office is NOT to a person, but to the respective promises and protections of the Constitutions.
Pro-active: Effective crime fighting by removing the paralyzing influence of social justice and other Marxist machinations of the War on Cops. To that end, Implicit Bias training (CRT for deputies) will end immediately as will the ACSO’s long relationship with the MacArthur Foundation.
Sheriff Richard Mack, Arizona (Ret.) Founder, Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA)
I have known Doug Traubel for over ten years and he is unquestionably a dedicated lawman, a professional peace officer, and a qualified candidate for Sheriff.
- Owyhee County Sheriff Larry Kendrick
- Regina Bayer, Former Idaho Senator
- Dieter Bayer
Articles and Essays
- Doug Traubel Announces Switch from GOP to CP-Idaho, Will Run for Ada County Sheriff2022 Candidate for Ada County Sheriff, Doug Traubel, announces he will run for the office again in 2024. Traubel, a lifelong Republican, and once… Read more: Doug Traubel Announces Switch from GOP to CP-Idaho, Will Run for Ada County Sheriff
- Doug Traubel Discusses Sheriff Responsibilities and the Encroaching Reach of the DHSThe Keep the Republic show for February 17 included an insightful interview with Doug Traubel, author of Red Badge: A veteran police officer’s commentary… Read more: Doug Traubel Discusses Sheriff Responsibilities and the Encroaching Reach of the DHS
- Doug Traubel on Being a Constitutional Sheriff – A Voice of Conservative Values InterviewResidents of Ada County may recognize the name Doug Traubel. He was the number one choice of the Ada County Republicans and endorsed by the True… Read more: Doug Traubel on Being a Constitutional Sheriff – A Voice of Conservative Values Interview
- The Wisdom of Sheriff DuffyIn 1986, Sheriff John Duffy addressed the cadets in my San Diego Sheriff’s Patrol Academy. He explained how ancient the office of sheriff is… Read more: The Wisdom of Sheriff Duffy
- Education, Intervention and Suppression.In 1996 I was chosen to be the first School Resource Officer (SRO) at the then newly-built Eagle High School. From my experience in… Read more: Education, Intervention and Suppression.